Thursday, August 20, 2009

recommitted

I just reread the two blog entries I've posted. Referring to my new year, new blog post, you can definitely tell I did not stick with my hopeful plan of keeping a regular blog. Now that I have so much free time on my hands, I'm going to renew my commitment to blogging. I'm aiming for a post a day.

Lately I've been really interested in finance. Good thing I'm a business major, hah. I've been reading a bunch of personal finance books and blogs, and I have been spending the bulk of my time working out a budget and writing out my goals. Look at me being all responsible! Haha. I'm currently working at an extremely low paying job (try $175 flat wage for 50 hours of work per week) and I feel so frustrated that I have basically no money to use for my lofty saving and investment aspirations. Weighing the pros and cons of getting a job this school year, I am again frustrated and impatient by the fact that I have basically zero time to spend working. Being a full time student and involved with two ministries definitely sucks up available time. Include the hour quiet time I am going to try to make a priority every day, and I feel like I have no time leftover for anything else.

On a different note, I am loving the irony of this blog next to my last one, transcendentalist. Isn't it funny that I can be such a free spirit yet so tied down to reality? It must be part of my INFJ personality.

Unsure if anyone even bothers reading my blog at all, but if so, what's been on your mind lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment