Wednesday, September 30, 2009

trust

Because of my body issues lately, I've been really scared. I don't know what's going on with my body and it freaks me out. I've lost weight, and for weighing barely more than 100 pounds, losing any weight, no matter how little, is not good. =[

I've turned to a few of my friends who are nutrition majors for advice. I've also turned to one of my close friends, who's a Bio major and whose dad is a doctor. As he was explaining to me what his best guess was, I realized that I trusted him implicitly. I would have believed anything he said. It was almost scary realizing how much I trusted him.

And it struck me-why can't I trust God that implicitly? The God who created me, who called me to follow and love Him, who has a plan for my life, is inherently good, and is a thousand times more accredited to tell me what's going on with my body than any earthly doctor. Why can I not trust Him? Is it because I can't hear His voice? Or is it because I'm choosing not to listen?

No comments:

Post a Comment