Saturday, September 26, 2009

worst

I was having dinner with a friend, and he mentioned how withdrawing money from the ATM when you don't have an income is probably the worst feeling ever.

I totally agree. Ugh. Getting used to bi-monthly deposits into my checking account and watching the amount accrue has probably been one of the most rewarding moments of my short life, hah. I think I'm addicted-I love making money.

It's unfortunate that life costs soooooo much. As much as I love saving money, I love spending it, too. Sometimes you just can't escape costs-I was frantically trying to run around getting units, and after I added a class last-minute, I had to buy the book for it. Also, I was planning on borrowing my friend's book for another class of mine. Unfortunately, our teacher decided to update the curriculum with a new textbook (different publisher, etc, not just a revised edition) and so I ended up buying two textbooks brand spankin' new from Amazon with rush shipping. Goodbye, $300. So sad.

On the less-necessary side of expenditures, as it's the first few weeks of school, I've been buying a lot of things in bulk that will last for a while, but the up-front cost means this month's budget is kaput, pretty much. And, I've been eating out for like, every meal. So bad, I know. That's an area that I really need to work on. My friend suggested planning out a weekly menu and then going grocery shopping for each meal weekly. Once I get my lazy booty cracking on that, hopefully I can watch my food budget diminish.

Or. I just need to find a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment