Sunday, October 11, 2009

cute

I never wanted to be "cute." I don't consider myself a "cute" girl. Just because I am petite doesn't mean I am cute, or, God forbid, "cutesy."

A friend of mine categorizes girls into three types: cute, beautiful, and hot/sexy. While his organizational system is a great target for incessant teasing, I personally wonder what signifies which category girls should align themselves with.

I, for one, don't place myself in any of these categories. I think of myself as just Sarah, but if I were to slap on a label for myself, I would strive for "pretty." This is seen in the way that I keep myself-my personal style and grooming habits. And yet, a lot of people (supposedly) view me as "high maintenance" which couldn't be further from the truth. All this to say, "pretty," "cute," "beautiful," "sexy," and other such labels are total crap.

I view myself as just Sarah, and I like it that way. I think it's healthy. I think if people were to view me as I view myself, I would be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment