Tuesday, October 27, 2009

sole

I read this last night in my devotions. "How will we have the type of love that 'is kind...is not provoked, [and] thinks no evil'? (1 Cor 13:4-5) The only way is by allowing nothing of the old life to remain, and by having only simple, perfect trust in God-such a trust that we no longer want God's blessings, but only want God Himself. Have we come to the point where God can withdraw His blessings from us without our trust in Him being affected? Once we truly see God at work, we will never be concerned again about the things that happen because we are actually trusting in our Father in heaven."

How challenging! Can I honestly state that I solely want God, and not His blessings? That it wouldn't matter if I was happy or miserable, rich or poor, alone or in community, so long as I have God? If I can't answer yes, then have I truly seen God at work in my life? How much do I really trust my Father?

No comments:

Post a Comment