Thursday, November 19, 2009

men

Enticing title, I know. But this isn't going to be a tirade against the male species, nor will it be an entry devoted to pining after them, either (tempting though it may be with the premiere of New Moon and a very muscled, shirtless Taylor Lautner around the corner) . Instead, I just wanted to take the time to mention how blessed I am to be in fellowship with so many great guys who desire to grow in the Lord.

This morning, I woke up early to meet with one of my dear friends that I haven't talked to since summer. I was so encouraged just from listening to how his quarter has been, and how God has really shown His sovereignty and provision in his life. This is something that I love about my friend; he just dives in deep with minimal prodding. It was so refreshing to hear that he is longing for authentic fellowship, especially brotherhood, with the guys in his Bible study. I love his transparency and openness. And after I shared how I was doing and the stuff that's been hard for me this quarter, he took the time to really understand how I was feeling, and totally built me up and encouraged me. Every time we meet up, which is not nearly as frequent as we would like, I feel like I get a taste of what it looks like to live as brothers and sisters in Christ. Talk about a great start to my day! This is a summary of how I feel about most of the Crusade men I'm friends with. I love their hearts! Their passion for God is undeniable and real, and something I want to emulate. I feel like these men are worthy of following.

My brother turned 21 today! (Technically, yesterday, the 18th) But I love love LOVE my brother, and I miss him lots. I'm really thankful that he's in my life. He has a huge heart, and if I had to describe him in one word, I would probably say he is kind. He's also very reasonable and wise when dealing with people. His insights are pretty spot on, most of the time. Ah, I miss him!

The EPIC boys have been so great to me the past year or so. I have loved the way they have pulled me into their community and have accepted me for who I am. I feel like I have gained 20 brothers since coming to college! And of course, I must mention my bestie, who has endured endless hours of my unasked for company. He has always been a good friend to me, and I'm thankful for his friendship and support.

While John and Alex and I have not been very good at keeping in touch since we went off to school, I wouldn't be the person I am today without their unrelenting love. They will always know me and my heart better than pretty much anyone else.

Reflecting on these friendships, I'm almost overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blessings in my life! God has been so gracious to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment