Sunday, December 6, 2009

menu

God has been so faithful to me. All last year and part of this quarter, I have just struggled with wanting a relationship. I can't tell you how many hours of prayer I've spent, bringing this discontent to the Lord. And now, I can finally, FINALLY say that I'm 100% satisfied with being single. Not just satisfied, but I feel so content and fulfilled. I love that I can focus on God and not on boys. I love that I can watch couples interact and not feel jealous or sad.

As some of you know, my roommate and I are on a "no boys" ban this quarter. It's been so amazing to see how the Lord has grown me through this. We were out with a mutual friend today, and she commented on how attractive a group of guys were. My roommate got excited, so I reminded her of our ban, and our friend retorted, "Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean you can't check out the menu!" After she said that, I started to realize that I don't remember the last time I thought a guy in real life was hot. It's like for me, there's not even a menu at all! I love this freedom! LOVE it! Just another reminder of how faithful God is to provide! PTL!

1 comment: