Sunday, January 24, 2010

sick

and busy. Just because I haven't been able to post doesn't mean I haven't wanted to. My life just seems really consumed by...living haha.

A couple of things I've been thinking about lately. First, I feel more and more averse to wanting to be in a relationship. At EPIC conference (which was amazing, by the way), I just felt so thankful to be single. Furthermore, I felt like being in a relationship and eventually being married and having kids would inhibit me from being as sold out for the Gospel as I feel I am now. I mean, if I was married and had kids, I couldn't just peace out for 7 weeks to go on a summer project, now could I? Sometimes I wish I could just live my life the way things are forever.

The other thing I've been thinking about, is that maybe I'm not really called on summer project. A lot of people have talked to me about going, and I definitely feel some peer pressure to go. But I don't want to go because of people thinking that I should; I want to go because God wants me to go. People said I should go last year, but I went to Mt Hermon. And I totally believe that God could have taught me a lot about ministry had I gone last summer, but I think where I was at last year, I needed to deal with my own personal demons before growing more. I think this summer I'm more ready, but at the same time, I haven't felt the personal call to go. I'm totally open to going, but we'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment