Saturday, February 6, 2010

feed

Why do girls feed off of each other so much? It's like everything is just heightened by a group of talkative girls. It's funny because our way of comforting one another kind of encourages negativity or a sense of entitlement to feel however you feel. Maybe we have too much grace with each other and not enough truth.

Something convicting: When it comes to things God despises, gossip is mentioned more times than murder in Psalms. My friend posted that on facebook, and it convicted me as soon as I saw it.

I think with me, I struggle with gossip simply because EPIC is a small group of people, so we're all up in each other's business. I never intend for people to be hurt by what I say, and for the most part I'm pretty careful about not letting stuff slip. But I hate it when something has happened that affects me and my emotions, because I feel like I'm put in a tricky place-do I keep my emotions to myself and not talk it over with anyone simply because I want to protect the other person? Or do I place my emotions before the situation and just talk about it and get it all out?

It's hard because I know it's healthy to talk about how I'm feeling, but it's such a fine line between that and gossip. I think I'll spend my entire life trying to figure how to balance this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment