Sunday, March 28, 2010

magical

It's these damn concerts that bring out the dreamer in me.

I just love it. I love how the music invades every part of me; the bass vibrating in my chest, the guitars swirling like some kind of mellifluous magic in my ear. I love that it makes me forget everything in life and takes me back to my safe place. When I was young and life wasn't so great, and I would seclude myself for hours in my musical escape.

I wasn't so cynical then. I believed in things like love and freedom and all those other ideals of youth.

I was just waiting for it all to happen me. I waited for my release and I waited for love to find me and free me. And I guess somewhere between then and now, I've lost that childlike wonder.

It was nice to return to that naivety.

No comments:

Post a Comment