Monday, November 21, 2011

sobering

Dear __________,

I heard about what you did today. It broke my heart.

If I could tell you anything right now, my hope would be to convince you that God exists, and that He loves you, He truly loves you. More than anything, I pray that this would become a reality for you.

You may never know how much I desire for you to know Jesus Christ for yourself, but I hope that my pleas to the Lord on your behalf will pay off.

God is real. He loves you. You can trust Him with your life. He has created you for so much more than you think you're capable of. He has placed huge passions and great vision for your life for a reason. You know those moments where you're spending time with your family or doing the stuff you love and you just feel so alive? That's because God created you for those moments. When you're in touch with the eternal and you feel full of purpose and exhilaration, that is reality. The world's pessimism and obsession with depravity? That is the illusion, no matter how real pain feels in the moment.

We were not created to live without hope. You know this, because you feel the despair and the darkness when hope eludes you. I know you're no stranger to pain and twisted love. I know the thought of God as your Abba Father freaks you out. You have been given many reasons to distrust fathers because of experiences with yours. But I fear that you will miss out on eternity of life because an imperfect man distorted your view of the perfect God offering His perfect, healing love.

I can see it in you when we talk. You want, so badly, for the Gospel to be true. You want there to be a God that can love you perfectly and completely purely. You want Him to care.

This letter is written to tell you that this Gospel is absolutely, 100% true. This is good news.

But you don't have to take my word for it. If trusting Him with everything is too much for you to handle right now, offer up a part of your life and ask Him to prove that He is trustworthy. He loves getting the opportunity to romance us. :)

I conclude this letter with the hope that one day I will be able to read this letter to you in Heaven; that you would know how intentional God's call on your life was and how strongly Jesus Christ wanted a relationship with you.

Blessings to you,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment