Sunday, December 4, 2011

hopeless

Sometimes I just feel so overtaken by the rawness of the pain in the world. So much suffering.

I guess that's the curse of having so much empathy. It is a wonderful blessing to be able to offer encouragement and support to hurting people on a level that is deeper than what most others can reach. But it's also so hard when the only thing you can do for someone is watch and pray.

I am so thankful for Jesus Christ, and the hope he gives me when I feel like I cannot take one more second of this wretched life. When my heart is about to burst and my soul feels too heavy to move. The only thing that can combat hopelessness is surrender. The moments where I am convinced that the darkness hasn't won over the light are when I get to sit and offer my life as a living sacrifice to the living God that is real and hasn't given up on me or on anyone else.

I wish I could sit at His feet and worship Him all day.

Ps 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Being with Him is the easy part; He offers rest and relief to the burdened. Being in the world is the tough part.

No comments:

Post a Comment