Monday, December 5, 2011

wait

I will wait for you, Lord.

Even though it's hard, even though I hate the waiting period.

Psalm 130:6 "My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning."

I'm waiting because I know it will be worth it.

I'm not going to cheapen it with any of my ignorant interruptions. I will let it play out in your hands, according to how you've planned it.

Now this is not the same as giving up-no, this is an act of surrender. This is an act of faith, of hope and trust in you. I am a living sacrifice; may I be a pleasing aroma to you. This is my life as an offering to you, and it's not without trepidation and anxiety that I turn this over to your hands. Obedience takes sacrifice.

Psalm 27:7-8:
Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud;
be gracious to me and answer me!
You have said, "Seek my face."My heart says to you,
"Your face, LORD, do I seek."

PS-God, please don't let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment