Saturday, August 22, 2009

epiphany

God wastes nothing.

I read Rob Bell's new book, Drops Like Stars, and in it, he talks about feeling discouraged looking back at his life because of how wasteful he's been with it. When those feelings occur, his spiritual mentor points to a sign on his wall that says, "God wastes nothing."

So profound. And pretty close to home. I just can't shake the feeling that I'm wasting my life here. I certainly feel like this summer has been one extravagant waste. But changing the emphasis from my perspective to God's, I know there has to be more. There has to be a reason. While I can't see how my straightening of the bookstore is affecting the kingdom of God, He can. And I guess I should know by now to trust His eyesight, Him being omniscient and all, but walking by faith is so much more difficult when I'm actually forced to trust His plan.

Anyways. Here's a verse God gave me. "So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless."-1 Cor 15:58

No comments:

Post a Comment