Thursday, December 31, 2009

single

and ready to mingle! HAH just kidding. Nuns forever.

I know I've been a staunch no-boys advocate for a while on this blog, and I just wanted to let everyone know that my stance wasn't born just out of bitterness. The main reason why I gave up on boys is because I really am so content with being single. I recently read an article on Donald Miller, and one of the paragraphs really stood out to me.

In fact, I would say this quote perfectly sums up my state of mind.

"'It's a contentment that I wish on everybody I know,' Miller continues. 'I mean, there's a lot to be sad about in my life: I'm not married; finances can go up and down; I'm 38, I'll be 40 in a couple years. There's a good chance I won't have a family. That means nothing to me. I mean, I'd love to have that stuff, but I know it won't deliver what we think it's going to deliver. So why not watch a sunset? You know what I mean?'"

Yes, Donald Miller. I think I know exactly what you mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment