Friday, November 13, 2009

cynic

Jon Foreman said it perfectly: "A cynic is just someone with a broken heart."

Today, we talked about existentialism in English class.

I absolutely hate, loathe and deplore Existentialism. I'm not kidding when I say it's truly from the devil.

Existentialism is one big fat lie that is whispered to our hearts as a coping mechanism. It's a coldhearted approach to life, because we can't stand to feel the pain. And so we try to numb ourselves. But this isn't how we were created to live. This isn't how it was supposed to be.

I can't even remember the last time I dominated a class discussion this much. I felt something so strong stir in me, a desire to recognize the lie as such. An overwhelming sense of certainty and clarity. I miss that passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment