Wednesday, October 21, 2009

aggression

Okay, okay, so maybe I was too hasty when I bashed on CD's. Don't get me wrong; I still hate CD's and I think they're an especially stupid use of money in this society, which is on the verge of ridiculously high inflation rates. BUT, as I was reading the best personal finance book ever, aka Ramit Sethi's I Will Teach You To Be Rich, he pointed out that it makes sense that as you and your nest egg age, your investing philosophy switches from risky, aggressive growth to simply maintaining current wealth. Therefore, the richer you are, the safer you tend to be. Right now, since I'm just a whippersnapper, it's good that I'm pretty much allocating all my assets in stocks (via index funds). By the time I get to 30, I can reallocate my investments to include "safer" stuff like bonds and maybe even CD's. (Well, maybe if inflation rates stabilize, or banks start offering higher interest rates, neither of which seems very plausible.)

In other news...I decided I want to be a financial adviser when I grow up. That's all. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment