Sunday, October 25, 2009

amazed

I am simply in awe of God right now. My wonderful discipler recently challenged me to do something that would really stretch me. I was on the fence about it for a while, but I finally asked to meet up with someone and had a really good talk, where we were both super open and vulnerable with one another. It was hard, and I was anxious leading up to it, but I'm sooo glad I decided to do it.

The reason why we met up is something I can't divulge, but I had intended it to be a time for me to just share my heart with her, so she could gain some insight into her own life based on the parallels. Not knowing if anything would be taken to heart, I was simply excited that I actually had the courage to meet up with her and talk to her at all. I had thought that God wanted me to talk to her, but I still wasn't sure until my discipler and I met up again this weekend. Here's where it gets crazy.

The girl I met with shares my discipler with me. My discipler recounted what happened during their discipleship session. Apparently, after me and this girl had talked, she had gone home and made a list of things someone had done to hurt and wrong her, and how she felt about each thing. Then she made a list of all the things she had done to hurt and wrong this person in retaliation, and she shared her feelings about these instances, too. And finally, she made a list of qualities she desired their relationship to have, and the reconciliation she deeply wanted with this person.

I felt so shocked when I heard about this complete change of heart that this girl had! The only thing I could think was just, praise God, praise God, praise God! He's totally working in her heart, and even used me, little old me, to bring about that change! I felt so honored and unworthy to be included in this story. All praise be to God. He's constantly rescuing us out of the darkness of our own hearts.

Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment